Diamond Series LED Grow Light Product Details:
- 4 x 10watt CREE XML LEDs
- CREE LEDs made in the U.S.
- 64 x 3watt high output LEDs (single chip)
- Average Power Draw – 130watts
- LEDs – CREE XML and Bridgelux
- Core Light Coverage – 2.5 ft x 2.5 ft
- Overall Light Coverage – 3 ft x 3 ft
- 90 degree XML collimator lens
- Dim Switches – Integrated into the unit
- Integral Fans – 2 whisper quiet fans integrated into design
- Side Vents included to optimize airflow and support cooling
- Product Dimensions – 12.5 in x 12.5 in x 3 in
- Product Gross Weight – 9 lbs
- 6ft power cord in 110v U.S. with 220v and international plugs available
Diamond Series LED Grow Light Features:
- LEDs – 10x CREE XML LEDs in unit
- Cost – maintenance costs minimized since there are no bulbs to replace in this unit
- Efficiency – LED unit more efficient than comparable HPS, Metal Halide and Florescent grow lights
- Grow stages – Diamond Series LED unit is designed to promote growth during cloning, vegetative and flowering cycles
- Heat Output – since the unit works more efficiently than other alternative HPS, Metal Halide or Florescent grow lights, heat output is notably lower
- Cost – LED grow lights are generally energy efficient since they utilize just the right light “recipe” of wavelengths to support plant growth which in turn decreases the amount of power needed
- Cost – Money is also saved by the grower since the heat output of the Diamond Series LED is much lower than traditional grow lights and thus additional costs associated with cooling fans and ventilation are not incurred
- Environmentally Friendly – the Diamond Series LED grow light is not made with Mercury and is thus safer for the environment than other alternative grow lights
- dual heat sink
- daisy chain feature
- dimmable switches
Diamond Series DS XML 150wProduct Description:
The Diamond Series LED Grow Light is one that emits a broad range of light wavelengths. Numerous research exists that identifies specific light wavelengths that best support plant growth and the Diamond Series DS XML 150 incorporates an 11+ band of light spectra. Given the LED grow lights that are reviewed on this site, the Diamond Series is in the top tier for wavelength inclusion.
The integrated wavelengths in the Diamond Series DS XML 150w include:
760 nanometers, 740 nanometers, and 720 nanometers – these wavelengths are on the higher end of the visible red spectrum range. Red light wavelengths support germination and flowering.
660 nanometers and 630 nanometers – light wavelengths in this range (visible red spectrum range) can help to maximize chlorophyll absorption and support germination and flower bud. This range is vital for flowering.
615-480 nanometers – 480 is close to the peak blue spectrum range which can support photosynthesis and promote vegetative growth.
415 nanometers – wavelengths emitted in the purple/blue range of the PAR zone help to maximize photosynthesis and support peak absorptions to enhance vegetative growth.
380 nanometers – this spectra wavelength is in the UV range and it can encourage coloring and thickening of the plant leaf. Since UV light is part of the full spectra light that is emitted by the sun, it does have some value and can support plant development. This wavelength is not one needed in abundance, but can add to the overall well-rounded development of the plant.
The light wavelengths noted above not only cover the visible light spectrum, but also infrared radiation as well as ultraviolet radiation. The sun emits ultraviolet, infrared and visible light all at once and this is the type of light to which plants are adapted. In short, the Diamond Series LED Grow Light is one that is designed to correspond to the photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) zone from 400 nm 700 nm.
BridgeLux – BridgeLux has been working on solid state lighting solutions since 2002 and focuses on designing product that is cost effective, easy to integrate, and consistently high performing. BridgeLux has patented LED light source technology and the company continues to enhance and improve its chip-on-board products with ongoing research and state of the art engineering. BridgeLux ships its products in the U.S., as well as worldwide and is respected around the globe. Incorporating BridgeLux LED technology into Diamond Series LED grow lights is a beneficial move and one that should provide growers with comfort.
CREE – Cree is known as a market leading innovator of lighting products and LED components. Cree technology is designed to be more energy efficient and friendlier to the environment than traditional technologies. Cree has been working on developing its LED technology since 1989 and now has over a quarter century of product development under its belt. In the last several years, Cree offered LED light bulbs that are 40 watt or 60 watt equivalents. Cree continues to expand and develop technology associated with its LED light bulb technology and the Diamond Series LED grow lights benefit from their incorporation of Cree technology.
Pros and Cons Associated with the Diamond Series 150w LED Grow Light:
- Supports both vegetative and flowering stages of plant growth.
- 150 watt Diamond Series LED is designed to pump out a broad spectrum of light that covers 11+ wavelengths. The wavelengths are strategically selected to align with the photosynthetic active radiation range which research shows best supports plant development and growth.
- Efficient design and efficient use of energy significantly reduces the heat output of the grow light product which can greatly reduce costs associated with adequately cooling and ventilating the grow space environment.
- 90 degree beam angle integrated into the Diamond Series grow light design. Since beam angle is a way of describing how fast the light spreads out after it is emitted from the LED unit, a greater beam angle can lead to the light spreading out to cover a wider area which can minimize the light’s potency. So, if one is comparing a 90 degree versus a 120 degree LED grow light, it can be expected that light penetration into the plant’s canopy will be better with the 90 degree LED grow light since the light is more focused. A more narrow beam angle is important if you are growing plants that grow taller and you need the bottom leaves and the leaves inside of a canopy to receive a larger amount of light.
- the 10 watt Crees can support a dense flowering stage and can minimize stretching of the plant during flowering.
- Diamond Series LED is confident in its product and offers a full three year warranty as well as a 90 day money back guarantee.
- Price is often a factor when getting started and the Diamond Series LED grow lights can be a bit more expensive than others grow lights. Many users of the light have noted that you get what you pay for in grow lighting and that the Diamond Series product is worth the extra money up front. Growers should keep in mind that LED technology will support cost savings in the long run, especially if you are changing over from HPS or florescent grow light technology.
Guarantee and Warranty Information Associated with the Diamond Series LED Grow Lights:
Diamond Series LED grow lights come with a 90 day money back guarantee. If after receiving the Diamond Series Grow Light the purchaser is unhappy, the grow light can be shipped back to the company in its original packaging and condition for a 100 percent refund. If the light is damaged, broken or altered in anyway, this money back return policy will be void. It should be noted that larger orders from Diamond Series LED that are over $1500 will be subject to a 20 percent restocking fee.
The Diamond Series LED grow lights come with a three year warranty that offers same day service, a full replacement guarantee, and free shipping for all warranty issues.
What Others are Saying:
It is repeated in the online forums that purchasing a Diamond Series LED grow light is aligned with good service and a good light product. I have found many examples of growers going back to Diamond Series LED for an additional light purchase. Users report the heat output is minimal and that the full light spectrum has been beneficial during grow. Low operating costs associated with LEDs helps put keep money in pockets as well. Quality outcomes and quality yields are reported when using the Diamond Series LED grow light.
Considering the Diamond Series LED Grow Light:
This Diamond Series LED grow light review reveals that the Diamond series 150 watt grow light has a broad range of light wavelengths to support full and robust plant development. This light is listed as a 150 watt grow light which is suited for an indoor grower. More units at a higher wattage would be recommended for a commercial grow set-up. If you are looking to grow plants in a space no bigger than about 5 square feet, the Diamond Series XML 150 should be considered. This LED grow light can support the growth of flowers, vegetables and herbs all while reducing the amount of time to harvest.
I hope this LED grow light review was beneficial and that it helps you to find the best LED grow light and grow big at home!